The Homeless Individuals and Families Information System (HIFIS) is a software tool that captures and shares comprehensive data about homelessness in real-time. Communities can improve their understanding of homelessness by analyzing aggregate HIFIS data and leveraging HIFIS’ Coordinated Access features.
HIFIS enables communities to implement Coordinated Access and take an outcomes-based approach to preventing, reducing, and ending homelessness by ensuring that:
- Communities have data available when needed,
- Communities use data to inform decisions and measure outcomes, and
- Communities’ data is high quality.
These presentation slides will summarize:
- HIFIS and Coordinated Access
- The Evolution of HIFIS
- The Benefits of HIFIS
- Some Key Features of HIFIS
- Data Collection
- Data Sharing and Data Use
- Data Protection and Data Security