Those who care for others, often give little attention to care for themselves. This training is about the importance of self-care and how to get started with a personalized self-care practice. You will learn a variety of techniques and strategies for overall well-being. The training starts with self-care for physical health: sleep, nutrition, activity and stress relief. Other lessons focus on emotional and psychological well-being. There are many opportunities to learn new strategies and practice techniques with hands-on activities. The training includes resources to support continued learning and practice activities for relaxation, deep breathing, self-compassion, healthy boundaries and resilience. Whether you are just getting started or you want to re-invigorate your self-care routine, this training will give you the tools you need.
What you’ll learn:
- Explore common ideas about self-care
- Set personalized goals for self-care
- Explore the benefit of improving self-awareness
- Establish and maintain healthy habits
- Set boundaries for healthy relationships
- Use techniques to increase self-compassion
- Learn ways to increase resilience and life satisfaction
Training design by Karen Bosworth, Instructional Designer, COH.
Some material has been adapted from these resources: