This training will explore the causes and conditions of homelessness among women and gender-diverse people. Women and gender-diverse people have unique experiences of homelessness that are often invisible and underestimated. Mainstream housing services are not effective in helping women and gender-diverse people transition out of homelessness. In this training, you will learn how poverty, violence and discrimination create barriers for women and gender-diverse people that prevent them from accessing services and stable housing.
Developed for a broad audience, this training will explore how to develop and implement housing services and supports that are appropriate and accessible for women and gender-diverse homeless populations.
This training is offered fully online in a self-paced format.
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the causes of homelessness and housing need and the unique challenges of women, girls and gender diverse peoples
- Recognize the impact of poverty and violence on core housing need of women, girls and gender-diverse people
- Consider the VAW and homeless emergency response and identify service gaps and barriers for women, girls and gender diverse people
- Use a gender-equity lens to explore safe and accessible housing and support needs of women and gender-diverse people
- Review recommendations for policy and practice including systemic changes and collaborative approaches to service provision