This toolkit was developed to introduce community-based organizations that serve youth who have experienced homelessness with resources to understand Trauma-Informed Care (TIC). The toolkit focuses on how service providers can support youth’s wholeness by cultivating safety, awareness, trust, and empathy.
The webinar recording covers the following topics:
- Introduction: Youth Homelessness and Trauma
- What is Trauma? Stress vs Trauma
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Complex Trauma Impact on Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Trauma-Informed Care (TiC)
- Trauma Screening and Assessments